The Office of Military and Veteran Student Services (OMVSS) seeks to make the Catholic University of America the premier destination for military affiliated students in higher education by creating a resilient fellowship-based campus experience as well as to create a robust, professional and active learning environment for Army, Navy and Air Force ROTC Training.
Within the OMVSS, we have four main roles:
- Student Services POC for all Military Affiliated Students
- ROTC on campus administrative, training and recruiting point of contact.
- Admissions Liaison for Military, Veteran, Military Dependents and ROTC Candidates at both the Graduate and Undergraduate Level.
- Ensure University compliance with all Department of Defense and Department of Veterans Affairs Programs.
For questions on any DoD or VA Tuition Assistance program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are a prospective or current student interested in ROTC, please contact Stephan Murphy at email@example.com.
Attention prospective students: All National ROTC Scholarship Application windows are currently closed for Academic Year 2023-2024 besides the Army Reserve Minuteman Scholarship. If you are interested in applying for this scholarship please notify Stephan Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
For ROTC Students, Catholic University offers the following benefits:
- Catholic University Room and Board Scholarship for all semesters a student is awarded a Department of Defense ROTC Scholarship
- Free Transportation to ROTC Training Events
- ROTC Specific Gym Hours for Morning Workouts at Kane Gym
- ROTC Specific Career Advisor
Attention Class of 2027: If you intend on participating in ROTC in the Fall Semester, early move in is required. Please ensure you are on the contact list for ROTC incoming students prior to August 1, 2023 in order to secure a slot on the Fall Roster.
- August 17th: Early move in for Naval ROTC Freshmen
- August 18th - 20th: Mandatory Naval ROTC Freshmen Orientation
- August 22nd: Early move in for Army ROTC Freshmen
- August 23rd: Mandatory Army ROTC Freshmen Orientation
- Air Force ROTC Freshmen Early Move-in is TBD as of March 30th, 2023.
For Veteran or Currently Serving Prospective Students, Catholic University will review the Joint Skills Transcript (JST) for applicable transfer credit. Transfer Credits will be awarded if the course meets the requisite ACE and Academic Department Guidelines.
The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.
Military and Veterans Admission Information
At the Catholic University of America we seek excellence in service to God, our nation, and the world. As part of that mission, we have a strong commitment to our military-affiliated student population (defined as veterans, active duty servicemembers, ROTC cadets, and military dependents). We strive towards meeting our goal of being a premier location in higher education for veterans continuing their studies as well as for training and supporting the next generation of military officers and national security professionals.